The conference is divided into two tracks: Head to Track 1 for talks and Track 2 for workshops.
Registration is required for workshops. This year, workshop registration will take place two weeks before the conference. Registered participants will receive an email with registration instructions.
Keynote: Service Design Economies, Professor Guy Julier
Session theme: Service Design Beyond User-Centricity
Effective service design projects require going beyond end-users to including front line staff and designing for cultural change.
- Clara Ganemtoré, Policy Development Officer, City of Toronto
- Safiah Chowdhury, Policy Development Officer, City of Toronto
- Shari Kamali, Manager, Employment & Social Services Division, City of Toronto
- Heather Daam, Innovation Designer, The Moment
- Dr. Alexandra Makos, Lecturer, OISE University of Toronto
- Dr. David Dunne, Director of MBA Programs, Peter B. Gustavson School of Business, University of Victoria
- Jacqueline Antalik, Director of User Experience, OpenRoad Communications
- Deborah MacKenzie, User Experience Designer, OpenRoad Communications
Lunch (served on site)
Plenary Dialogue: Activating Service Design in Organizations,
- Mark Kuznicki, Co-founder, The Moment
- Greg Judelman, Co-founder, The Moment
- Judy Mellett, Director, Service Design, Innovation & Strategy at TELUS
- Jesús Gorriti, Head of Digital Customer Experience and Design, Royal Bank of Canada
Session theme: Service Design Gets Political
As service design’s influence increases, we must grapple with the ethical and political dimensions of the work.
- Irene Guglielmi, A/Executive Director, Government Digital Experience Division (GDX), Province of B.C.
- Deanna Young, Team Lead, Service Design Specialist, Government Digital Experience Division (GDX), Province of B.C.
- Philippe Gauthier, Associate professor at the École de design of the Université de Montréal
- Tai Huynh, Creative Director, OpenLab, University Health Network
- Vanessa Rementilla, Design Strategist and Coach, RBC
- Adi Sharma, eX Strategist, RBC
Session theme: Service Designing the Future
Service Design practice evolves quickly, requiring integration with new technologies, infrastructure and metrics.
- François Perrin, User Experience Designer
- Anna Wu, Principal User Experience Designer
- Kristofer Kelly Frère, The City of Calgary
- Jonathan Veale, The City of Calgary
- Katherine Monteith, Design Strategist, Bridgeable
- Marie Serrano, Policy Innovation Hub, Ontario Government
- Michael-Owen Liston, Product Designer, Rangle.io
- Daniel Epstein, Associate, Service Design, Bridgeable
Social evening presented by FJORD
La Société, 131 Bloor St W